Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weight Watchers, (^_^ Starting a new life) any advice on how to stay motivated?

My mom is going to be taking me tomorrow to a Weight Watchers meeting. I'm going to be starting it and I couldn't be happier...I am going to be 17 and I weigh 210 pounds. I am 5' 3';. This is not good whatsoever. But, I'm going to start taking care of myself. I want to be normal. I lost over 20 pounds on Jenny Craig but I couldn't take the food anymore. And I gained it all back. I just need to get motivated again. I want to be able to shop for clothing and not feel so ashamed of myself...It hurts so much sometimes. Especially hearing some EXTREMELY skinny girls say ';I'm so fat!';. I need to be healthy. I want to be able to do so many things.Weight Watchers, (^_^ Starting a new life) any advice on how to stay motivated?
You are on the right track! Weight Watchers is the best!





It teaches you discipline and accountability.





The best thing is you get to eat REAL FOOD! I'm not surprised you gained back your weight once off Jenny Craig.





The best advice I can give you or anybody is don't look at it as a diet, but a life change. Which simply means, when you reach your weight goal, you will still have to continue eating as if you were on a ';diet';. Otherwise, you will again regain all your lost weight.





This doesn't mean you can't splurge on occasion. I have disciplined myself to have 1 or 2 bites of a chocoloate cake and then walk away. If I still want more, I just take my dogs for a walk - 99% of the time, by the time I'm back from our walk, the craving has subsided.





Stay active, even if it's just walking every day. You will be surprised at how fast the lbs will melt away.





And please don't set your sights on being a size 4! Always set goals within reach - otherwise you will never hit your goals and then you will get discouraged and of course turn to food. If you're a size 16 now, set a goal to fit into size 14 jeans in 30 days. Every 10 lbs you lose, usually means one size smaller.





Remember to set REALISTIC GOALS!





I hope this helps and I wish you great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment