Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice for a new gun owner.?

I am currently 17 years old and will be attending a college just in Los Angeles next summer. As I am concerned for personal safety, I will be purchasing a handgun to excercise one of my Constitutional rights.





However, I am still unsure about what to buy and where to find more information about guns.





If you could give me any advice, it would be greatly appreciatedAdvice for a new gun owner.?
If this will be your first handgun I'd go with a double action revolver. Revolvers are uncomplicated. Pull the trigger and they fire... No safety, no clearing a jam, no mag release button..





As far as which caliber to buy... .357 magnum.... You can shoot .38specials in it for practice cheap then load .357's for protection.





Good luck and remember .. practice, practice, practice....





Be safe.Advice for a new gun owner.?
I hate to say this, but in California, you have to be at least 21 to own a handgun. If you are 18, you may own a rifle, so I would suggest a 12 gage shotgun. If you intend on bringing a handgun anyways, I would suggest a 45 caliber. A 45 relies on mass and not penetration so it will punch a bigger hole and stop without killing your neighbor. A 9mm is weak and over penetrating/under wounding. A 357 carries the same lead as a 38 but will kill your neighbor because its more powder and will punch through a wall, smaller then a 9mm.... you do the math on that. On the other hand, the sound of a shotgun pump will be heard and is widely recognizable and you may never have to fire a shot.
No the constitution says you have the right to bear arms, which means that you have the right to hang bear arms over your fireplace. That is what the framers were talking about. I love family guy, Great show!!!
If you're really looking for self defense, get a shotgun. Easier to hit something with and less likely to punch through walls and hit somebody you don't want to.
I would purchase an M-60 machine gun on the black market. Nobody will mess with you when they see you carrying that around.

No comments:

Post a Comment