Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In search of a new laptop. Any advice?

I had a 17 inch HP Pavilion 9000 which stopped working because the graphics card went apeshit and I can only fix this by replacing the motherboard since the graphics card is embedded in the MB I can't replace the graphics card alone. This will set me back +400 euros. I think it's better to buy a new laptop instead of repairing this one.





Any suggestions on what I can get? Preferably not HP or Dell.. I would like an Apple but the 17 inch ones are ridiculously expensive,,,In search of a new laptop. Any advice?
Buy an HP compaq presario there cheap without giving up on the performance. i got mine for $380 american and the only problem i have had is the nvidia graphics card is not good enough to play the latest pc games.In search of a new laptop. Any advice?
Figure out what you want to do with the computer, then shop for one that will do that. Remember to include extra capability, because what is enough today will probably not be in a couple of years.
You should see if you can get it fixed by HP. They may be able to do it cheaper if it is under warranty. There may even be an option in the BIOS to disable the graphics card or do something that may help it.
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment