Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need some advice, I'm want to get a new car. Here is my situation:?

I want to get a 2007 Dodge Caliber which is roughly 13,500-14,000 with taxes. I have a $3,500 down payment with no trade in.





Here are my current positives and negatives of my credit:





I have 2 accounts that are ';good standing';





1. Furniture -


I have had it for 1 year and 2 months and i've only been late


one time out of the 14 months i've had it.


My pay-off amount is: $411.00 right now


My payments are: $34.00 a month





2. Television -


I have never ever been late with the payment. I have had it


since April 2007. They pay-off amount is $1,351.50 and I


have it on a 36 month term with payments of $41.22 monthly





My negative collections have been paid in full:





-AT%26amp;T - $374.00


-Dish Netowrk - $46.00


-Tmobile - $476.00


-Bank of America - $722.93





Lastly I have one ';Charge-Off'; for $36.00 which has been paid in full also.





Should I raise my down payment or keep it the same?


Should I pay off the furniture and then try for a car?I need some advice, I'm want to get a new car. Here is my situation:?
I just got an 07 cobalt without a co-signer after having a credit card for barely 2 months. I'm 19, pay rent also and have smaller bills but those do not always build your credit, and in my case they didnt. So if your credit is in shape as you say, Give Mccarthy auto group in Olathe, Kansas a call. I was financed through GMAC and drove off the lot within a few hours. As far as the distance thing goes, something ay be able to be worked out with GMAC to see if they have any lots near you. I'd start by calling mccarthy though because they have 'privelages' that other dealers dont.I need some advice, I'm want to get a new car. Here is my situation:?
first, just look at the title of your post.. it says ';I WANT';... that tells me you want a NEW car, not need a car...





You asked for advice, so here it is...





Don't buy a new car, take the money you have and put it towards your debts and drive what you have now..





or





if you really NEED a car, take the money you have and buy a car out right.. it may not be what you WANT, but could be what you NEED...





Just my opinion....





SMD
Auto finance is what I do for a living and this is more of a math problem then a credit problem.





The installment payments you are making are not high enough to qualify you for a auto loan on your own with any lender I have except one and you don't make enough money per month to qualify with that one.





So, you are going to need your parents to either co-sign or buy the car for you.
Pay off all debts before buying the car. It won't take long to save the money and you won't be paying interest to the other companies. I'm just guessing but you are probably paying in the high 20's or 30% in interest.
Yea, if your parents are willing to help that should be the better option. They should know more about this kind of purchase. One of the many things that many buyers do not consider is the running cost for the vehicle i.e. the total package.
Why not take that 3500 and pay off the other creditors, then save p for a down payment? Or pay off the other creditors and buy a cheaper vehicle.
Save your money. buy a use car

No comments:

Post a Comment