Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Best advice for a new digital camera that is simple and $100-$200?

I am looking for a new digital camera to buy for my mom. All she wants is to point and click and get the best pic possible. She is not going to use any features such as night shots or video or all the other bells %26amp; whistles that they come with. Usually, she just views the pics on her computer and sets them as her screensaver, sometimes she prints them. She doesn't even know how to work a VCR, there is no way she is going to learn a high-tech camera. What is the best digital camera for her within the above budget?





What is wrong with Kodak Easy Share cameras? I hear Cannon %26amp; Nikon %26amp; Pentax are the best, but I have a Kodak EasyShare %26amp; I have had no problems with it. If I got her one also, it would be easy for me to teach her the EasyShare software, since that is what I use.





I would appreciate advise, I want to get her something nice that she will be happy with the ease of use and quality of pics.Best advice for a new digital camera that is simple and $100-$200?
Ignore the camera snobs who rubbish Kodak cameras. Canon, Nikon and Pentax are all ';better'; cameras, but Kodak do excel at one thing. They're ideal for your Mum, Kodak have put lots of work into making their cameras simple to use by Mums / Grans / Kids and anyone else non-technical.





I wasn't impressed with them when I was buying my digicams, but last year when I was looking for a camera that my mother-in-law could get on with, the Kodak range blew everything else out of the water for simplicity and ease of taking good snapshot photos.Best advice for a new digital camera that is simple and $100-$200?
Kodak Easy Share. I bought a 6 MP model earlier this year. Lots of features for the money. Easy to use.





Stay away from the ones with non-standard or rechargeable batteries. The Kodak Easy Share takes standard AA batteries. With the rechargeable ones, when the batteries die, you can't take any more pictures. I simply keep a spare set in my camera case. If a camera uses a non-standard battery, you are limited on where you can buy replacements. You can buy AA batteries almost anyplace. The cameras that use AA batteries are slightly larger, but the size and weight difference is insignificant. The Easy Share is still quite small.





Also, stay away from the ones with non-standard memory cards. The new mini SSD memory cards are not yet considered a standard card. Which means, you may not be able to get these cards or adapters for them in the future.





The Kodak Easy Share is made well and takes nice pictures. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would definitely buy this one again.





With Pentax, Nikon, or Canon, you are paying for a name!
I have never recommended a Kodak camera to anyone. But if your mother just wants the basics go for it. What you said makes too much sense in that you can show her how to use it. Normally I suggest the Sonys,Fujis, Canons etc but it helps a lot being shown how to use it. And since you have one, you can easily show her without too much fuss. Buy the Kodak in your price range.
Don't go for Kodak. As you mentioned earlier go for either Canon, Nikon or Pentax. The first two already rule, Pentax is coming in. Get the Canon A570 IS. Good for your mum and easy functions.
Find them here鈥?You will save $$$





http://edealtime.com/cameras.htm
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment