Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am buying a new computer; need advice on options to chose?

I want to use a flat screen TV as a monitor so I can watch TV with the same equipment and also view dvd etc.


Do I need any special video card or other hardware/software on the computer


If I get a wireless card do I also get an ether net port which is standard. Can I watch tv Wireless


I do not play games or edit photos but I need large clear images so I can read- bad eyesight-


Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 processor (2.66GHz, 1MB L2 + 8MB shared L3 cache with QPI Technology)


Memory FREE UPGRADE! 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs] from 4GB


Hard drive 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive


Graphics card 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]


Primary optical drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive


Networking Wireless-N LAN card


Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio


TV %26amp; entertainment experience No TV Tuner w/remote control


Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports


Speakers No speakersI am buying a new computer; need advice on options to chose?
Hi Meg:





If you want to use an LCD TV as a monitor so you can watch TV with the same equipment and also view DVD movies and stuff, I think the best option is to get a model from the ';Touch Of Color'; line from Samsung.





There are several monitors from that line that come already with an integrated TV receiver, that way, you can use it with your PC as a monitor, but it also serves as a standalone TV because you can connect either your antenna or your Cable TV to the back of it and watch TV as in a ';normal'; TV.





By going for that option, you save some money and you won't need to buy extra TV tuner cards for your PC.





Here you have three different LCD's that come already with TV tuner, and of course, you can also use them as a monitor for your PC:








http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>I am buying a new computer; need advice on options to chose?
Yea if you want quality make sure you buy a computer with HDMI, you can use that with most new HD TVs. A lot of new TVs also have VGA, thats good too.
Hi there





Im sorry, im not computerized expert. you can stip by Fry or else to get a clear consultants





goodluck
I would go with an AMD system - it's much cheaper. Plus, you're not gaming or doing anything heavy duty so no need for an over-priced Intel.

No comments:

Post a Comment