Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HEY im new to wrestling any advice?!?

hey im a sophomore girl who is going to wrestle, ive gone to camp and have my gear and all, but idk what to expect when season comes, and helpful advice is greatly appriciated !(:HEY im new to wrestling any advice?!?
When I wrestled for my school Speed and aglity worked best for me. So you can just try to be faster and have more aglity than the one you face. And TRY NOT TO GET HURT.HEY im new to wrestling any advice?!?
I think that is so awesome! My son (now 23) wrestled in junior high, high school, and college. In his senior year of high school he was MVP. Wrestling is the oldest sport in the world. It is mentioned in the Bible. Wrestling is not only two people rolling around on a mat, it is a disciplined way of thinking, a philosopy almost. I can always spot a man or boy who wrestles. He carries himself well, and is a gentleman.


You can also use wrestling to go onto other things. Such as, Brazialian ju jitsu, karate, all martial art forms, kick boxing, and boxing. My son now does all.


Trust me, if you wrestle, for the rest of your life you will eat right, stay in shape, and be in good physical condition. It's a mind set, not only a sport. And, it's a tight knit family. Coaches, team, remain close. My son is out of college, and still keeps in touch with his high school wrestling coaches. They were his mentors, they helped mold him into the wonderful athlete he was, and still is. You will be too.


Advice: watch your knees! Always wear knee pads. My son had a scope done on his knee at 15 years old. Because of wrestling. That muniscus gets damaged fast.
Well ,i think this is a question to ask for yourself. I'll just give u the facts and what u need to start if u want to start wrestling. First off, its never to late to go to a sport. Wrestling, although is one of the hardest sports you will ever have. In wrestling, there are no such things as cut, its just Varisty line up and just JV. I would ask yourself if you are committed to this sport because this sport demains alot of time and energy. That WWE stuff is not what they do by the way. Wrestling requires both mind and body and is alot like Martial Arts. If you want to do this then i recommend you join a wrestling club right away. Wrestling clubs will help you in basic techniques and basic work outs and will ask u to compete in tournaments which will also improve you. So in other words, if you are afraid of pain, dont commit to anything, and wont do anything for your sport, then you mine as well not waste your time. If you join, i recommend you start working out alot. 5 miles a day and so on and so forth. Whichever way you go, you can always request more information from me. Good luck
I am a male, but I was new to wrestling as a Freshman... I enjoy it, it is tough and nice for conditioning if you are in other sports. You get aches a good amount of the time, but it all depends on how your coach trains you that will make a difference. i.e. Some coaches will value weight training over conditioning. My coach was almost all conditioning and yeah, aches nightly.... And remember, you will most likely wrestle a guy in a match, or even in practice. I've seen friends get their asses kicked by girls on the mat.
Nothing in particular. I will say that It's a sport where you have to learn to take the fall and you will be aching from time to time. Also pain is going to be a factor..Just try your best. thats all i have. Also you should look up some amatuer wrestling on Youtube.
remember dont get cocky dont underestimate your opponent and learn abunch of move

No comments:

Post a Comment